Hey everyone, I’m back on the blogosphere with another eagerly-anticipated (by very few people, if any) Colin’s Collection update. I’ve been pretty busy with job hunting lately, going to career fairs, browsing Craigslist, checking temp agency websites, and other wonderful stuff. Okay, I’m lying about that last bit — job hunting is pretty much the most frustrating and depressing thing in the world.
The good news is that so far this has been a pretty good year for music. I just keep on adding stuff to my collection, and with new releases from the likes of My Morning Jacket (Circuital comes out on 5/31) and the Arctic Monkeys (the oddly titled Suck It And See arrives in June) on the horizon, I know I’m still not done.
My latest musical acquisitions are coming up after the jump.
Lately I’ve noticed that my Colin’s Collection posts have become increasingly tough to write because I’ve been trying to add little blurbs to the list about the band or the album or whatever. The thing is, sometimes that leaves me having trouble finding something to say about albums I haven’t listened to enough yet. So for now I think I’ll go back to the old style of just listing the albums, only with some videos from the albums in question.
The list comes up after the jump, but for now here are some recent or upcoming albums I’d like to get my hands on…
Foo Fighters, “Rope” (from Wasting Light)
Elbow, “Neat Little Rows” (from Build A Rocket Boys!)
TV On The Radio, “Will Do” (from Nine Types Of Light)
All right, I’m going to finally give myself a break from writing about Radiohead all the time! And in the process I’m going to resurrect a feature that, thanks to my lengthy hiatus from the ol’ blogosphere, has been buried since October of 2009. It’s time once again for my Picks of the Week!
Of course, maybe in this case I should change the name to Picks of the Year or something. Or maybe just Picks of the Month. I mean, even back in ’09 I was only doing Picks of the Week posts every couple months or so. So maybe it should be Picks of the Last Couple of Months? …Nah, Picks of the Week rolls off the virtual tongue a lot better. Plus, it only requires me to think of songs I’ve been listening to a lot in the last seven days, which is a lot easier. This edition of Picks of the Week features some brand-new music and a couple older songs from perhaps a wider range of genres than in any other POTW post. And it’s coming up after the jump…
…and also this new single from TV On The Radio, which just came out two days ago. Enjoy!
Hey everyone. I know I’ve really been slacking with the blog lately — not that anyone would notice, since I haven’t had a double-digit hit count since September 24 — but I just haven’t really felt like blogging for whatever reason. I’d like to say I had a better excuse than that for slacking off with this thing, but that’s just how it is.
Anyway, here’s the playlist from the 9/25/09 show. Hopefully one of these days I’ll actually write something more substantial than one of these playlist posts. That, however, would require me to stop being a lazy slacker.
1. Radiohead, “Bangers & Mash” (In Rainbows bonus disc)
2. TV On The Radio, “Golden Age” (Dear Science)
3. Arctic Monkeys, “Fake Tales Of San Francisco” (Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not)
4. Cave In, “Lost In The Air” (Antenna)
5. Band Of Horses, “Is There A Ghost” (Cease To Begin)
6. RX Bandits, “Tainted Wheat” (…And The Battle Begun)
7. At The Drive-In, “A Devil Among The Tailors” (In/Casino/Out)
8. Kings Of Leon, “Notion” (Only By The Night)
9. Interpol, “Slow Hands” (Antics)
10. Deerhunter, “Saved By Old Times” (Microcastle)
11. The Clash, “Lost In The Supermarket” (London Calling)
12. British Sea Power, “Down On The Ground” (Do You Like Rock Music?)
13. Thrice, “As The Crow Flies” (The Alchemy Index: Vol. 3 — Air)
14. Foo Fighters, “Cold Day In The Sun” (In Your Honor)
15. Spoon, “Jonathon Fisk” (Kill The Moonlight)
16. My Morning Jacket, “Thank You Too!” (Evil Urges)
17. Minus The Bear, “When We Escape” (Planet Of Ice)
18. The National, “Secret Meeting” (Alligator)
19. R.E.M., “Near Wild Heaven” (Out Of Time)
20. Pavement, “Major Leagues” (Terror Twilight)
21. Radiohead, “Lucky” (OK Computer)
22. Red Hot Chili Peppers, “She’s Only 18” (Stadium Arcadium)
23. Muse, “Muscle Museum” (Showbiz)
24. Snow Patrol, “Shut Your Eyes” (Eyes Open)
25. Bloc Party, “Signs” (Intimacy)
26. Weezer, “El Scorcho” (Pinkerton)
27. The Beach Boys, “Wendy” (Endless Summer)
28. The Decemberists, “O Valencia!” (The Crane Wife)
29. Elvis Costello, “Veronica” (Spike)
30. The Beatles, “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” (Abbey Road)
Hey everyone! I’m finally back after yet another lengthy hiatus from the blogosphere. I just got back home last night from a nine-day vacation with my family in Ocean City, MD (we have a house down there). The weather was consistently pleasant, despite the meteorologists’ insistence to the contrary for a few days; the pool was always a bit chilly at first but would soon become comfortable; there was a nice breeze at the beach; the new Harry Potter movie was pretty solid; my dad celebrated his birthday; the Phillies have been kicking ass for the last few weeks (including tonight’s 10-1 demolition of the Cubs) and are the favorites to trade for kickass pitcher Roy Halladay; Married With Children reruns were on a lot in the morning and are still hilarious; I finally got to read Thank You For Smoking; and all in all it was a pretty good week.
So now that I’m back in the Keystone State, I bring you the playlist for my penultimate show of the 2008-09 school year on May 8, 2009. The playlist and more after the jump!