My name is Colin and I am a graduate of the University of Maryland in College Park, MD. I hosted a radio show called Listen Up! on the online-only WMUC2 stream. This blog is all about my show and music I like listening to. And sometimes you might see other stuff too, depending on whatever I feel like writing about.
Join my show’s Facebook group!
Extras — Here you’ll find links to posts that aren’t directly related to my show. This includes rants, featured series, and Picks Of The Week. The featured series are described below.
- ENJOY THE GENIUS — My most popular Internet-exclusive series, ETG is all about finding the most ridiculous music videos on the Web (professional and amateur alike)… and ridiculing them, of course. Feel free to submit ideas!
- When Bad Songs Happen To Good Bands — Just as its name suggests, this feature takes a look at unfortunate missteps by otherwise high-quality artists.
- Colin’s Collection — Want to know what I’ve added to the ol’ record collection recently? That’s what CC is all about.
- Blast From The Past — In which I revisit albums that I haven’t listened to in a very long time in hopes of possibly rediscovering some forgotten favorites. Given that those albums include the likes of Creed, Nickelback, and Limp Bizkit, this might be more difficult than I thought…
- Free Single Reviews — The iTunes Single of the Week may not cost you any money, but is it at least worth your time?
Playlists — This is an index of all the posts that list songs I’ve played on my show.
Downloads — This is an index of my show, coming at you in full MP3 glory. Whether or not this is a good thing depends on how much of an audiophile you are, I guess.
Top 5 — The signature feature of Listen Up!, Top 5 is a series of lists of five songs in a particular category. Inspired by Nick Hornby’s novel High Fidelity and also the John Cusack/Jack Black film based on it. (Sample Top 5 category: Top 5 Songs I’d Play At A Party.)