Sept. 18, 2009: Show #24
All right! The new semester is well underway, and I’ve got another playlist to post here for you all. Twenty-four shows, man. And I somehow still haven’t completely run out of ideas for Top 5 lists! Which reminds me… it’s been a really long time since the last time I posted a Top 5 writeup. Maybe I’ll get around to doing it this weekend. It would make more sense for me to post the next one some time in December, seeing as how it was a Christmas special, but I’d rather just post them in the order they were aired. Makes it easier for me to keep track of which ones I’ve done and which ones I haven’t done. I might get around to finally posting it here soon… but until then, sit tight.
Also, before I begin, I would like to dedicate this playlist to the one and only Jack Bauer, what with this being the 24th show and all.
And now, on with the playlist!
1. Foo Fighters, “In Your Honor” (In Your Honor)
2. Radiohead, “Just” (The Bends)
3. The Fall Of Troy, “Oh! The Casino!” (Manipulator)
4. We Are Scientists, “Lousy Reputation” (With Love And Squalor)
5. Pavement, “Passat Dream” (Brighten The Corners)
6. Interpol, “Rest My Chemistry” (Our Love To Admire)
7. Modest Mouse, “Florida” (We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank)
8. Arctic Monkeys, “Brianstorm” (Favourite Worst Nightmare)
9. Early Man, “Four Walls” (Closing In)
10. High On Fire, “Cometh Down Hessian” (Blessed Black Wings)
11. Metallica, “For Whom The Bell Tolls” (Ride The Lightning)
12. Mastodon, “Naked Burn” (Leviathan)
13. Slayer, “Reborn” (Reign In Blood)
14. Gojira, “Backbone” (From Mars To Sirius)
15. The Sword, “Under The Boughs” (Gods Of The Earth)
16. Minus The Bear, “Women We Haven’t Met Yet” (Highly Refined Pirates)
17. The Whigs, “I Got Ideas” (Mission Control)
18. Kings Of Leon, “Pistol Of Fire” (Aha Shake Heartbreak)
19. Cave In, “Anchor” (Antenna)
20. Deerhunter, “Focus Group” (Weird Era Continued)
21. The Decemberists, “Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)” (The Crane Wife)
22. U2, “Staring At The Sun” (Pop)
23. Muse, “Supermassive Black Hole” (Black Holes & Revelations)
24. The National, “Slow Show” (Boxer)
25. Bloc Party, “Pioneers” (Silent Alarm)
26. Queens Of The Stone Age, “Go With The Flow” (Songs For The Deaf)
27. My Morning Jacket, “One Big Holiday” (It Still Moves)
28. Radiohead, “There There (The Boney King Of Nowhere)” (Hail To The Thief)
One last thing: I’d like to thank my parents for sending me a copy of the new RX Bandits album Mandala for my birthday. I’d been looking all over for that album, having just gotten into the band over the summer, and couldn’t find it. Oh, and thanks to everyone who listened to the show tonight as well. Keep tuning in every Friday from 4-6 p.m. on WMUC2, and keep watching this space.
This entry was posted on September 25, 2009 by colfrat. It was filed under Music, Show Playlist, WMUC and was tagged with 24, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Cave In, Chuck Norris, Deerhunter, Early Man, Foo Fighters, Gojira, High On Fire, Interpol, Jack Bauer, Kings Of Leon, Mastodon, Metallica, Minus The Bear, Modest Mouse, Muse, My Morning Jacket, Pavement, playlist, Queens Of The Stone Age, Radiohead, Slayer, The Decemberists, The Fall Of Troy, The National, The Sword, The Whigs, top 5, U2, We Are Scientists, WMUC2.